Do I need to send in documents?
Yes. Number Plates Direct complies to the regulations outlined in the DVLA guide INF401.
We understand this can be an inconvenience but we do our best to make this as straight forward for you.
Once your order is placed you will be requested to supply the documents outlined below.
If you would rather email your documents to us this is suitable, firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending in documents require one of each of the following:
To confirm your identity
- driving licence
- utility, Council Tax or rates bill from the last 6 months
- bank or building society statement from the last 6 months
- national identity card
To confirm you can use the registration
- vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
- new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
- of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
- retention document (V778) – not applicable in Northern Ireland
- a renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
- temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
- a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- an electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948)
- a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate